Closing date for donations: Sunday 14th February.
We are working with the Swansea Humanitarian Aid Response Project (SHARP) to collect items to distribute to people staying in the Calais ‘Jungle’ and Dunkirk’s Grand-Synthe refugee camp. We are planning to take donations to Calais during the week commencing the 15th of February and would like to appeal for the following items:
- Tents / tarpaulins
- Thick blankets / sleeping bags / camping mats
- Waterproofs (jackets and trousers – sizes: small / medium)
- Jackets (sizes: small / medium)
- Toiletries (soap, deodorant, baby wipes, shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser, shaving cream, tissues, toothbrushes, toothpaste, toilet roll, razors and sanitary towels)
- Socks / belts / woolly hats
- Certain men’s / women / children’s clothes and shoes – further information on specific requirements can be found here
- Certain food items – further information on specific requirements can be found here
Please only bring items from this list as other items cannot currently be accepted by teams in Calais / Dunkirk. Further information on items required at present can be found here.
If you would like to donate, we would really appreciate it if you can spare the time to clean any items before donating. All your time and generosity is greatly appreciated.
We have collection points in Brecon and Hay-on-Wye. Please email [email protected] if you have items you would like to donate.
Deadline for donations: Sunday 14th February.